Monday, December 9, 2013

NaNo poop and other blog waste :)

Hi, all!

It's Christmastime, and who has "time". So let's jump in and talk NaNo.

I loved it. I hated it.

First the LOVE part. I loved how I was accountable to myself and friends and anyone else who happened to see my NaNo meter. I also LOVED the pep talks that would get emailed weekly. It was like they were reading my mind! I loved the enthusiasm and commitment I would see on the forums and twitter. It was all so motivating.

now The HATE part: November. What the hell? Who picked that month???? And then, I think I psyched myself out and couldn't get in "the zone". After 10,000 words, I convinced myself it was all crap and then the words became harder to put down. Then...all blank hit the fan around the second week and because I was dealing that personal stuff, it was much harder to get back into the story once I dealt with it and sat back down again. UGH.

However, I'm glad I signed up and because I know what is involved now, I would DEFINITELY sign up for it again and kick some major booty next year. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In other news: I'm JUST about done Christmas shopping--minus a few knickknacks. I plan on wrapping this week!

``````````````````````````````

In other other news: Sox has been a really good boy and he is so sweet too. He's a licker and loves to be picked up. He hasn't had an accident in the house since that first week I brought him home. However, I can't let him leisurely stay outside for too long because that's where he gets himself into trouble (AKA digging).
Grr...

Who can resist that face?

*********************
It's been weird but I have really been enjoying the Christmas season right now. We had a little snow last night and I made hot chocolate and decorated the tree. I don't feel stress. I've really been drinking in the decorations and music everywhere. Maybe I should write a Christmas book right now since I'm in such a euphoric state. LOL

Oh, and ONE last thing. In case you missed this on Facebook, I made these last week for my church's Women's Ministry and they were as tasty as they were cute!
peanut butter reindeer cookies

And that's it for me!
Have a great week!

How's your Christmas going so far? Stressful or stress-free?

10 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Jennifer! I loved this entire post. I've never attempted NANO, for various reasons, and I'm always amazed by people who even try, so Good for You! You're a winner in my book, as the saying goes....Hey, winner in my "book"?! Wonder where that expression came from? LOL
I've been feeling really Christmasy for some time now, too, which is definitely a fun thing. Love your reindeer cookies! Have a wonderful week!

Maria Zannini said...

How big is Sox now? He looks just as tiny as ever. At least the holes can't be that big, right? LOL.

Those cookies are so cute! Are the antlers, pretzel pieces?

L. Diane Wolfe said...

The cookies are adorable!

I've never attempted NaNo because of the timing. Just too much seems to be happening every year in November.

Karen Lange said...

Those cookies are so cute! Glad that NaNo, even with its ups and downs, was a good experience. Yeah, why November anyway - I've often wondered that! Maybe next year I'll join the ranks.

Have a great week!

Old Kitty said...

Awwwwww much as I adore your adorable rudolph cookies (they're gorgeous!!) my gums and teeth are melting at the sight of sweet Sox!! Awwwwwww!!

Well done you with your Nano!If anything it's got you filling in the dreaded blank page with scrummy words and that's the most important thing!

Take care
x

Stacy McKitrick said...

Yeah, NaNo in November just never made any sense to me, either. Do it in January. By then we're all in a food coma and are settled in for the winter! Haha!

Rula Sinara said...

You are the Cookie Queen!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jennifer! I've wondered myself why have NaNoWriMo in November, but it works for many people. I've made it work for me in the past. I'm sure I'll give it another go in the future.

Sox is sooo cute! It would be hard to say no to that adorable little face. : )

Jemi Fraser said...

I love NaNo! My competitive side always takes over and the words tend to pop! :)

I'm closing in on the end of the Xmas list too!

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Somehow, I think a lot of people have a love-hate relationship with NaNo. Think of this year as your trial run. Like you say, next year, you'll be ready to kick butt.

I'm not sure which is cuter, the reindeer cookies or Sox. Let's see the cookies would taste good, but they'd make me fat(ter). Sox may dig a hole or two, but he's cute as a button and would be fun to cuddle. Non-fattening, too! That settles it. Gotta be Sox. He's a doll.