Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Another change in publishing

Hi, all!

Funny how even though there was an extra day in February, I still didn't have enough time to blog!

Oh well. Happy March!

So by now you've probably heard the news that Samhain Publishing will be closing its doors.

This is especially sad for me to hear because Samhain sold my very first book, THE ROLE OF A LIFETIME.
Although I never did submit another book to them--more because I didn't feel they had a strong enough "sweet romance" brand--they were always professional and easy to work with.

Ironically enough, my contract with them was fulfilled a few months ago and I had already asked to have my rights reverted back to me, which they have done.

Soon my book will be given a new look and some additional editing with new scenes added! I'm hoping for a June re-release!

                                                                  ****


In other news, Wednesday, March 2nd is READ ACROSS AMERICA DAY! (Today!) Volunteers from my community will celebrate Dr. Seuss’ Birthday and will read to students in the Primary School. Supporting the Friends and Volunteers’ goal of literacy, each student will receive the gift of a book to read, to cherish, and to share.
I was asked by the Friends & Volunteers to read to a kindergarten class. I finally decided on "Green Eggs and Ham" my second choice. I actually wanted to read "The Giving tree" but every time I read it, I cry like a baby at the end. (Don't want to scar the children!)

That's all from for now, but I have some cool news coming that I can't wait to share soon.

Happy reading!

+-

5 comments:

Connie Keller said...

Have fun with Green Eggs and Ham! I love reading that book aloud, using crazy accents for all the characters.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I just came from the blog of an author who is with Samhain. Very sad to hear. It worked out well for you that you just got your rights back.

H. R. Sinclair said...

It nice you got your rights back before the announcement of closure. That must make that a little easier.

Slimifit said...

Slimifit Garcinia Cambogia Reviews: Evidence It Really Works!
Out of all the Liposuction procedures 3G Garcinia Cambogia Views conducted and written, over 90% of them strongly recommended it for important weight-loss. This is quite amazing in regards to ANY item marketed for the same purpose – no other Slimifit
products come near to appropriate this popularity and proven-effectiveness!
Slimifit Garcinia Cambogia
Views also talk about the factor that there are NO adverse side-effects associated with this item, and that it functions so efficiently without the need to exercise or considerably change your diet!


http://www.fitnessbites.org/slimifit-reviews/

Marja Verschoor-Meijers said...

Reading through your post, I am thinking it might be a blessing to release an updated edition of your book, why not?!